Here are 5 ways to protect your home from water damage
- Inspect your showers and bathtubs regularly. The caulking around the edges should be watertight.
- Replace hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers and washing machines every five to seven years.
- Turn off the water supply to the washing machine when you go on vacation.
- Install an emergency pressure release valve to protect your plumbing system against frozen pipes and prevent bursts.
- Inspect your roof for damaged or aging shingles.
When water damage is unavoided, call Excel Cleaning Services to restore your home.